Policies & Procedures Manual
Last Revised August 1, 2020
This policy manual has been developed to assist you in performing your respective duties and to clarify the responsibilities of Mainframe Referrals LLC (“us” or ”we” or ”our”) to its agents (“you”). It is important that you continue to remain informed as to Our Policies & Procedures and, for that reason, you will also be notified via email of pertinent changes or updates.
This policy outlines the process by which you send prospective real estate customers (“Customers”), most likely buyers and sellers, to actively selling real estate agents at Mainframe Real Estate (“Mainframe”) or outside of Mainframe in the State of Florida (the “Service Area”). The agent that works with your customer (“Sales Agent”) may change depending on the needs of the Customer.
Choosing a Designated Mainframe Agent:
When joining us, you must complete an online registration form. This form asks the question “Do you know an agent at Mainframe Real Estate that you would like to send referrals to?”. You must, during the registration process, identify your intent to send referrals to a specific Mainframe agent (“Designated Agent”) for areas within the Service Area. If no Designated Agent is chosen at this time, we will assist in finding the best Sales Agent match for you as described below regarding Referral Agent Matching. A Designated Agent cannot be added or changed after registration is complete, but this does not prohibit you from recommending your preferred Sales Agent.
You must use the form found within your MainframeRE.com account to submit a form when you intend to submit a Customer (“Customer Submission Form”). The form requests the Customer contact information, Sales Agent information, if applicable, and other details. You may recommend a Sales Agent on the Customer Submission Form, but ultimately, we may, in our sole discretion, choose and assign a Sales Agent to the Customer, if you have not chosen a Designated Agent. More often, you will not know the right Sales Agent for the Customer’s needs, and we will help coordinate a great Sales Agent on your behalf as further described in Paragraph 3 hereof.
Sales Agent Selection:
- Designated Mainframe Agent within Service Area: If you choose a Designated Agent at Mainframe in the Service Area, we will strive to send your referrals to the Designated Agent. We, however, will make the final determination, in our sole discretion, as to whether Designated Agent is qualified to service the needs of the Customer, based on previous experience of the Designated Agent. If the Designated Agent does not work in the Service Area required for the Customer, we will assist with Referral Agent Matching, as defined below.
- Non-Designated Mainframe Agent within Our Service Area: If you did not choose a Designated Agent, or if the Customer’s needs are outside of the Designated Agent’s serviceable area, then we will assist with Referral Agent Matching, as hereinafter defined.
- Outside of Our Service Area: If your Customer needs a Sales Agent outside of the Our Service Area, we will assist with Referral Agent Matching, as hereinafter defined.
Referral Agent Matching
Referral Agent Matching is a process by which we utilize our Referral Agent Network, as hereinafter defined, for your benefit (“Referral Agent Matching”). If the Customer’s needs are inside or outside of our Service Areas, we will assist to find a great Sales Agent for the Customer. Referral Agent Matching is a required process unless a Designated Sales Agent is also the Sales Agent for Customer.
Every Referral Agent Matching requires 5% of the gross commission to be paid to us by the Sales Agent. For example, if you are requesting a 25% referral fee from Sales Agent, then Sales Agent shall pay an additional 5% for Referral Agent Matching, but you will still receive the requested 25% referral.
We maintain a list of Sales Agents in different locations that are trusted for sending Customer referrals (“Referral Agent Network”).
- Matching Inside Service Area: When the Customer’s needs are within the Service Area, we will assist by providing the best Mainframe agent based on the Customer’s needs.
- Matching Outside Service Area: When Customer’s needs are outside of the Service Area, we will provide one of the two following services for Referral Agent Matching:
- If we have an existing agent in Referral Agents Network for Customer’s needs: We will refer you to the agents already in Referral Agent Network.
- If we do not have an existing agent in Referral Agent Network for Customer’s needs: We will research and interview agents to find the best agent for Customer’s needs. This agent will then be added to the Referral Agent Network.
Referral Fees and Referral Agreement
You must enter your requested referral fee on the Customer Submission Form. If no Designated Agent is applicable, then we will attempt Referral Agent Matching to find a Sales Agent that will accept the requested referral fee. If no Sales Agent will accept the requested Referral Fee, we will notify you and allow you an opportunity to adjust your referral fee to an amount that is acceptable to a Sales Agent. Once an agreement is made between you and the Sales Agent, through our efforts, we will arrange a written referral agreement between you and Sales Agent. Referral fees may not be below 15% of the Sales Agent’s earned commission and may not exceed 35%, without our prior approval.
It is required that your license be active with us before any referral requests are made and your license must be active with us for referral commission to be paid to you.
Within the state of Florida (“ Service Area”), we shall have the ultimate authority to determine if the Customer shall be sent to an agent at Mainframe. If no Mainframe agent works within the Service Area to service the Customer’s needs, then the area will be deemed to be outside of the Service Area. Outside of the Service Area, the Company will provide Referral Agent Matching as described above.
You may terminate your Independent Contractor Agreement with the Company at any time. To do so, email [email protected] and we will stop your monthly payments and deactivate your license. Any fees paid prior to your notice to Terminate this agreement are non-refundable You will be required to pay the sign up fee if you choose to activate your license again.