The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art
The Morse Museum of American Art was founded in 1942 by Jeanette Genius McKean, and named after her grandfather Charles Hosmer Morse, a Chicago industrialist and Winter Park Philanthropist. For 35 years the museum was located on Rollins College campus, but in 1977 it as relocated to 151 East Welbourne Avenue in Winter Park. Currently housed at 455 North Park Avenue since July 4, 1995, it holds approximately 42,000 square feet of space on its campus at Park Avenue and Canton Avenue and was developed from former banks and office spaces.
The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of America Art is the home of the most comprehensive collection by Louis Comfort Tiffany found anywhere. It also houses a major collection of American art pottery, graphic and decorative arts and amazing collections of late 19th and early 20th-century American paintings. But the Tiffany collection is the Morse Museum’s centerpiece. Not only does the collection include examples of every medium Tiffany explored, it also includes the reconstructed Tiffany Chapel he created for the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition in Chicago. The chapel was fully reassembled and opened to the public in 1999. These are just a few reasons a visit to the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of America Art, and why Winter Park is a great place to live.